As you know, I've been curiously fascinated by NASA's Dawn mission images of the asteroid Vesta, and NASA just a few days ago posted a really interesting image with, to my amateur's eye anyway, some very unusual features. Consider the following image found at NASA's Dawn website at
Here's the image:
Now I have to admit when I saw this, I was stunned, and studied this picture for almost two hours, debating if I was seeing what I thought I was seeing, and whether or not to post it.
Well, I decided to post it anyway. Now look at the following features highlighted by the arrows:
Let's begin with the arrow in the upper left, pointing to a curious, almost conical looking feature that appears to have amazing regularity. Immediately below and to the left, there is another triangular feature that, on close examination, looks to have a kind of cross-checked pattern. To the right of each and toward the center, there is yet another sharply defined feature that appears to be made of two equilateral triangles, difficult to imagine emerging under a standard geological process, much less on a small world subject to constant bombardment.
Finally, in the upper right, there is a "crater" with, yet again, two oddly visible "Walls" that are at a little more than a right angle to each other, yet another unusual feature that it is difficult to imagine emerging from any natural process at work on the asteroid.
File this one under "more things that make you go 'hmmm...'"
- NEWS AND VIEWS FROM THE NEFARIUM OCT 27 2016 - October 27, 2016
- THE SPACE WEATHER EXECUTIVE ORDER: SPECULATIONS - October 27, 2016
- STRANGE STARS? OR ALIEN CONTACT? - October 26, 2016
- ALL ABOARD FOR ASGARDIA - October 25, 2016
- WIKILEAKS, THE VATICAN, AND COVERT SPACE WARS - October 24, 2016
- WEBINAR: A SURPRISING LITTLE LABYRINTH… - October 23, 2016
- THE EM SPACE DRIVE NOW IN PUBLIC PATENT PROCESS IN THE UNITED KINGDOM - October 23, 2016
- STRANGE DEATH OF BRITISH UFO RESEARCHER IN POLAND - October 22, 2016
- MEMBERS: AFRICAN-EUROPEAN VIDCHAT OCT 21 2016 - October 21, 2016
- DID WE JUST DISCOVER TWO NEW MOONS OF URANUS? - October 21, 2016