October 23, 2007 / /
The Cosmic War: Interplanetary Warfare, Modern Physics, and Ancient Texts is now available at Adventures Unlimited Press, 1-800-718-4514, or at your local Barnes and Nobles, or Borders' bookstores.
My new book Secrets of the Unified Field: The Philadelphia Experiment, the Nazi Bell, and the Discarded Theory will be out next spring.
Help the Community Grow
Please understand a donation is a gift and does not confer membership or license to audiobooks. To become a paid member, visit member registration.
Dear Mr. Swan,
As always, thank you for your thoughtfulness in providing us with these updates! I particularly enjoyed the Andrew Collins article, as I am reading his newest book, The Cygnus Mystery, right now.
I’m listening to your part 7 broadcast and thought this link might be of interest to your “As above so below” metaphor.
Nasa told to solve ‘UFO crash’ X-File
Richard Luscombe in Miami
Sunday November 11, 2007
For four decades, residents of the tiny Pennsylvania town of Kecksburg have told their story of strange blue lights in the sky one winter’s evening and a fireball crashing into woods.
On 9 December, 1965, they say, they saw armed soldiers cordoning off the area and a large metallic acorn-shaped object bearing strange hieroglyphics driven off at speed on the back of a lorry. They talk of menacing plain-clothes officials visiting homes and warning local people not to tell anyone of what they saw.
Until now the US government has denied that anything sinister took place. It has maintained that a thorough search of the woods by the air force, the only federal agency to have acknowledged it was there, found nothing. But now Nasa has been ordered to examine its X-Files to solve the mystery.
Steve McConnell, Nasa’s public liaison officer, has admitted two boxes of papers from the time of the Kecksburg incident are missing. The episode has parallels to the 1947 Roswell incident, when a UFO was said to have landed in New Mexico.
‘For so many years, a lot of good people in Pennsylvania were told by their government that what they had to say was a lie or that they were hallucinating,’ said Leslie Kean, a journalist who launched a lawsuit four years ago to force Nasa to open its archives.
Washington judge Emmett Sullivan refused to accept Nasa’s claim that the papers had been lost. He gave it until the end of the year to examine its records. ‘Something came down that night,’ said Kean.
‘Nasa has been stonewalling and now it’s required to do the search it didn’t do in the first place. It’s a victory for those patriotic people who didn’t like being told that they were making things up.’
Stan Gordon, a UFO investigator living close to the site, interviewed several witnesses. He said: ‘It’s interesting that [witnesses say] it was made of one solid piece of metal with no panels or rivets, and that it was moving relatively slowly and made almost a controlled landing.
‘I have no doubt the government knows a lot more about this than it has revealed to the public.’
Fri Oct 26, 5:25 PM ET
WASHINGTON – NASA has agreed to search its archives once again for documents on a 1965 UFO incident in Pennsylvania, a step the space agency fought in federal court. The government has refused to open its files about what, if anything, moved across the sky and crashed in the woods near Kecksburg, Pa., 40 miles southeast of Pittsburgh.
Traffic was tied up in the area as curiosity seekers drove to the area, only to be kept away from the crash site by soldiers.
The Air Force’s explanation for the unidentified flying object: A meteor or meteors.
“They could not find anything,” one Air Force memo stated after a late-night search on Dec. 9, 1965. Several NASA employees also were reported to have been at the scene.
Eyewitnesses said a flatbed truck drove away a large object shaped like an acorn and about the size of a Volksawagon bus. A mock-up based on the descriptions of local residents sits behind the Kecksburg Volunteer Fire Department.
UFO enthusiasts refused to let the matter die and journalist Leslie Kean of New York City sued NASA four years ago for information.
The agency has turned over several stacks of documents which Kean says are not responsive to the request, an argument that U.S. District Judge Emmet Sullivan agreed with.
In March, Sullivan rejected NASA’s request to throw the case out of court, resulting in negotiations that led to the agency promising last week that it will conduct a more comprehensive search.
Kean said Friday that she sued NASA rather than the Army because the space agency a decade ago released some relevant documents on the case.