In what has to be close to the ultimate in corporate hypocrisy, employees at a Monsanto company cafeteria have won the right to have their employee cafeteria serve non-GMO food:
Now what leaped off the page at me here was the Monsanto spokeman's more than hypocritical statement that the company is all about free choice. But just ask the farmers around the world who, by one corporate trick or another of those companies promoting their genetically modified seeds, are forced to buy their products. But this is the tip of an iceberg. Hungary has recently destroyed all its GMO corn fields, and in a landmark case in France, a French farmer has won a lawsuit against the corporate giant in which he claimed to have suffered from exposure to the company's pesticides.
What remains amazing, at least to this author, is that while other countries seem to have the pluck to challenge these corporations and their alleged "safe" GMO foods and crops, we in North America seem to be unable to do so. We, apparently, do not have the right to eat unmodified food, and indeed, our own government will not even allow the labeling of food products to distinguish between natural and GMO foods, while it continues to persecute growers of natural foods and organic dairy products free of hormones and other additives.
It is, however, small wonder that people in other parts of the world are waking up to the growing encroachments of the barbaric and out-of-control US corporate-industrial-military complex. They are, quite literally, making people sick. Things won't change, however, until GMO foods and the people's right to eat and consume what they choose, including organic foods, are made part of the public political debate. It may therefore be the time, as Congressman Ron Paul increasingly calls for an audit and end of the Federal Reserve, to subject the food and drug counterpart, the FDA, to similar Libertarian philosophy and scrutiny, because you can rest assured that those elites who are storing seeds in seed vaults in Norway and other places, are not storing the GMO seeds they make the rest of us eat.
- NEWS AND VIEWS FROM THE NEFARIUM MAY 24 2019 - May 24, 2019
- PATTERNS OF DISASTER CAPITALISM? THE MIDWEST, AND OROVILLE DAM: PART ... - May 24, 2019
- TIDBIT: WEBSITE UPDATE - May 23, 2019
- TIDBIT: WEBSITE UPDATE: NO VIDCHAT! - May 23, 2019
- PATTERNS OF DISASTER CAPITALISM? THE MIDWEST, AND OROVILLE DAM: PART ... - May 23, 2019
- TIDBIT: WEBSITE PROBLEMS AGAIN… - May 23, 2019
- MORE DRIP DRIP DRIP? SATURN’S DISAPPEARING RINGS… - May 22, 2019
- TIDBIT: APOLOGIES - May 21, 2019
- CRYPTOS FLASH-CRASHED - May 20, 2019
- TIDBIT: THIS WEEK’S HONORABLE MENTIONS - May 18, 2019