In what has to be close to the ultimate in corporate hypocrisy, employees at a Monsanto company cafeteria have won the right to have their employee cafeteria serve non-GMO food:
Now what leaped off the page at me here was the Monsanto spokeman's more than hypocritical statement that the company is all about free choice. But just ask the farmers around the world who, by one corporate trick or another of those companies promoting their genetically modified seeds, are forced to buy their products. But this is the tip of an iceberg. Hungary has recently destroyed all its GMO corn fields, and in a landmark case in France, a French farmer has won a lawsuit against the corporate giant in which he claimed to have suffered from exposure to the company's pesticides.
What remains amazing, at least to this author, is that while other countries seem to have the pluck to challenge these corporations and their alleged "safe" GMO foods and crops, we in North America seem to be unable to do so. We, apparently, do not have the right to eat unmodified food, and indeed, our own government will not even allow the labeling of food products to distinguish between natural and GMO foods, while it continues to persecute growers of natural foods and organic dairy products free of hormones and other additives.
It is, however, small wonder that people in other parts of the world are waking up to the growing encroachments of the barbaric and out-of-control US corporate-industrial-military complex. They are, quite literally, making people sick. Things won't change, however, until GMO foods and the people's right to eat and consume what they choose, including organic foods, are made part of the public political debate. It may therefore be the time, as Congressman Ron Paul increasingly calls for an audit and end of the Federal Reserve, to subject the food and drug counterpart, the FDA, to similar Libertarian philosophy and scrutiny, because you can rest assured that those elites who are storing seeds in seed vaults in Norway and other places, are not storing the GMO seeds they make the rest of us eat.
- OH, BY THE WAY, IT’S NO LONGER TO BE CALLED ... - June 26, 2019
- WATCHING ITALY: THE MAFIA STILL USING LIRA AS PARALLEL CURRENCY - June 25, 2019
- WEATHER CONTROL’S TWO FORGOTTEN EVENTS: THE RAPID CITY FLOOD, ... - June 24, 2019
- MEMBERS: VIDCHAT AFRICAN-EUROPEAN TIME ZONE VIDCHAT JUNE 21 2019 - June 21, 2019
- IRAN, RUSSIA, CHINA, AND THE SILK ROAD - June 21, 2019
- NEWS AND VIEWS FROM THE NEFARIUM JUNE 20 2019 - June 20, 2019
- TIDBIT: MORE ON THE TANKERS FROM THE SAKER - June 19, 2019
- THE TANKER INCIDENT: JAPAN SAYS NOT SO FAST… - June 19, 2019
- AMAIRIKUHN EDGYKAYSHUN AND THE MENSTRUAL EQUALITY ACT - June 18, 2019
- A BIT OF CONFIRMATION ABOUT THOSE PERSIAN GULF ATTACKS? - June 17, 2019