I've spent many blogs on this site covering the growing opposition to GMO crops and foods, including some time on the recently "defeated" California Proposition 37, which would have required labeling of GMO foods. Some countries have passed total bans, others, predominantly in Europe, partial ones. Now the African nation of Kenya has joined this growing list:
What is apparent in Kenya is what is apparent in most other countries initiating such full or partial bans:
"Public Health minister Beth Mugo subsequently directed all Public Health Officers at all ports of entry and all other government regulators to enforce the ban on importation of Genetically Modified Foods in the country.
"This she says was following the decision made by the cabinet to ban the importation of GMO foods into the country due to inadequate research done on GMOs and scientific evidence provided to prove the safety of the foods until such a time that the country will certify that they have no negative impacts on the health of consumers."
We've covered various stories of the growing body of research indicating potential health hazards from GMO foods, and in addition, my co-author Dr Scott de Hart and I wrote of the shenanigans of GMO companies in Transhumanism, and how such studies and data were actively suppressed in the rush to deregulate the agricultural industry: scientists questioning weak or incompetent studies were pressured or hounded out of the field.
But the story only continues to spread.
With that in mind, consider this story:
My purpose in drawing your attention to this article is not to join, nor too condone nor even to signal my personal agreement with those predicting economic collapse (and there seem to be two broad trends: deflationary, and inflationary or hyper-inflationary). That such discretely opposing interpretations and analyses could be offered only indicate, to my mind, the fact that the situation is so odd and unusual, that no one really knows.
My real purpose in drawing your attention to this article is contextual: for consider, with growing opposition in the US and Europe, to Latin America, Asia, and Africa, to GMO crops and foods, the other method of ensuring the introduction of such foods, and increasing the corporate profits of those companies peddling it, are to bust up the family farm, and to buy up the remaining lands, through the tried and true methods of government regulation and mercantilist policies.
- OF THE QULT AND THAT STRANGENESS IN THAT WIKILEAKS DUMP - April 22, 2019
- NEWS AND VIEWS FROM THE NEFARIUM APRIL 18, 2019 - April 18, 2019
- TIDBIT: OH, AND BEWARE THOSE SMART LENSES - April 18, 2019
- AND THE LATEST IN MIND MANIPULATION IS… ULTRASONIC ... - April 18, 2019
- THE GMO SCRAPBOOK: GLYPHOSATE: IT’S MUCH WORSE THAN WE THOUGHT - April 17, 2019
- NOTRE DAME AND ST SULPICE FIRES - April 15, 2019
- CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT AGAINST 5G? AND LLOYDS’ WON’T ... - April 15, 2019
- MEMBERS: AMERICAS-PACIFIC TIME ZONE VIDCHAT APRIL 12 2019 - April 12, 2019
- ADAM, EVE, AND THE CIA - April 12, 2019
- NEWS AND VIEWS FROM THE NEFARIUM APRIL11 2019 - April 11, 2019