Giza content will roll out normally. But the Support Team is on absolute skeleton crew rotation for the coming week. It's time for a much needed vacation break. If you're not hot, sweltering, and needing to drink about a gallon of San Pellegrino, we envy you! So be aware there will likely be a delay in responding to support tickets. That said, the most common support issue REMAINS browser specific issues. That means some add-on gets installed in a browser, or its configuration is altered, in such a way that a thing fails in one browser, but works in another. Therefore, always try a different browser first (Safari, Chrome, Firefox, IE). If it works in one, but not another, dig into the browser add-ons. Meanwhile, if you're struggling with finding something or a how to, it wouldn't hurt to try this.
And now... Our Favorite Support Issue of the Year
You click to access a members vidchat or video dialogue, and get the "members only" message. Here's the likely issue.
- Verify you are logged in (if you see your username at the top right, you are logged in). Member content is not accessible UNTIL you log in.
- Verify you are in fact a (paid) member. Expired memberships or free subscriberships can't access member content. If you don't know when you last paid, check your paypal, bank, or credit card statement.
- Try switching browsers. If you can access content in one browser (chrome, firefox, safari) but not another, it's something in your browser. Possible an ad blocker or other privacy tool.
- If it's happening regardless of browser, open an incognito/private window from your browser. That bypasses browser add-ons. If it works that way, it's a browser add-on, which you'll need to locate and tame.
- Maintenance on Oct 19th - October 18, 2019
- Members: Suddenly Can’t Get Access? Here’s the Fix. - July 26, 2019
- 3 Recovered Member Documents - January 16, 2019
- Member Dialogue: Dr. F Interviews Dark Journalist - November 27, 2018
- Halloween Dialogue is Out: Old Gods vs. Renaissance Man - October 31, 2018
- Dialogue 282 – Cultural Traditionalism vs. The Old Gods - October 31, 2018
- Site is Working FIne - September 24, 2018
- Enforcing Strong Passwords - September 22, 2018
- MEMBERS: AMERICAS-PACIFIC TIME ZONE VIDCHAT SEPT 21 2018 - September 21, 2018
- Dialogue is Out: Can Education Be Saved? - September 18, 2018