Well, no sooner than Defense Secretary Mattis made allusions to "other kinds" of military options for North Korea, and then talked briefly about "kinetic weapons" in response to a reporter's question about them, than Mr. L.G.R found this article which states that North Korea experienced a 3.5 earthquake near its nuclear facilities:
What's noteworthy here is that the article itself at least mentions the possibility of artificial, man-made earthquakes, caused by nuclear detonations, though in this case, it quickly dismisses them:
An official from the agency, speaking to the Associated Press on the condition of anonymity citing office rules, said an analysis of seismic waves and the lack of sound waves clearly showed that the quake wasn’t caused by an artificial explosion.
Nuclear proliferation watchdog CTBTO said the quake was unlikely to have been man-made.
Rather, the experts are saying this may well be an aftershock from a previous test, which is highly possible, since no radiation is associated with this event, ruling out another nuclear test:
Daryl G. Kimball, executive director of the Arms Control Association, said he had spoken to Zerbo.
“While the data analysis is preliminary, the early indications strongly suggest that the smaller events today (which are in a seismically inactive area) are likely further geologic disturbances created by the Sept. 3 nuclear test explosion,” he said.
“In other words, not another nuclear test but related to the high-yield Sept. 3 nuclear weapon test explosion.”
- TIDBIT: HONORABLE MENTION: EPSTEIN AND ROY COHN - August 17, 2019
- MORE EPSTEIN MISCELLANY… - August 17, 2019
- PLASTIC RAIN IN THE US ROCKIES - August 16, 2019
- ANOTHER EXPLODING AMMO DUMP, THIS TIME IN IRAQ - August 15, 2019
- NEWS AND VIEWS FROM THE NEFARIUM AUGUST 14 2019 - August 14, 2019
- THE US NAVY: BACK TO ANALOGUE…? - August 14, 2019
- TIDBIT: ANOTHER RESTORED STEAM LOCOMOTIVE - August 14, 2019
- ANOTHER EXPLOSION IN A RUSSIAN MUNITIONS PLANT - August 13, 2019
- …EPSTEIN… AGAIN… - August 12, 2019
- TIDBITS: THIS WEEK’S HONORABLE MENTIONS - August 10, 2019