Over the years, as we've been watching the emerging of the Shanghai Cooperation organization (a.k.a. the BRICSA bloc), and the Chinese Silk Road project, I and many others have been arguing that if the project is to be genuinely viable and an alternative to the American unipolarism generally, and its virtual monopoly on international financial clearing particularly, it will have to be buttressed by its own international financial clearing system, one moreover both secure and free from meddling by the powers it serves, trust being the key issue for the users of such a system.
There are potentially other factors in play for the creation of such a system, and those are the potentialities of a threat from space. In the event of hostilities engulfing space - human or otherwise - redundancy in the international clearing systems is a must.
With that in mind, Russia just took another major step in fleshing out the parameters of that system, and a major step as well in securing its domestic clearing operations, according to this Sputnik article shared by Ms. S.:
What's notable here is that while China has been perfecting the space-to-ground and ground-to-space links for quantum communications systems, Russia appears to have concentrated on actual practical systems for current financial and institutional use:
Sberbank became the first company to receive the new quantum protection system, developed by the Moscow-based Russian Quantum Center (RQC). According to RQC general-director Ruslan Yunusov, the service is now ready for widespread use by companies and organizations.
Physicists and engineers from RQC have launched the first working quantum link between two Sberbank branches, transferring real financial data using highly a secure connection, the research organization's press service has reported.
"Thanks to quantum communication technology, we have provided for a high frequency of key generation, thus dramatically increasing the level of data protection. Russian organizations will get the opportunity to use a system created in our own country to protect their information, which is important for the state," Yunusov said.The special, 25 km-long line between Sberbank's central office and a branch near the city center is protected via the phenomenon of quantum entanglement.(Empasis added)
- HA’ARETZ HEADLINE: “NETANYAHU: HITLER DIDN’T WANT TO ... - August 17, 2018
- NEWS AND VIEWS FROM THE NEFARIUM AUGUST 16 2018 - August 16, 2018
- TIDBIT: CHINA’S MOON LANDERS - August 16, 2018
- THAT STRANGE NEW RUSSIAN SATELLITE… - August 16, 2018
- THE STRANGENESS OF THE CALIFORNIA FIRES - August 15, 2018
- GMO SCRAPBOOK: MON(STER)SANTO TO PAY 289.2 MILLION IN LAWSUIT - August 14, 2018
- A STRANGE MISSILE LAUNCH, AND AN EVEN STRANGER COMMENT FROM ... - August 13, 2018
- MEMBERS: AFRICAN-EUROPEAN TIMEZONE VIDCHAT AUGUST 10 2018 - August 10, 2018
- THE MALAYSIA AIR 370 JUST TOOK ANOTHER VERY STRANGE TURN - August 10, 2018
- NEWS AND VIEWS FROM THE NEFARIUM AUG 9 2018 - August 9, 2018