Paypal Skipped Payments (is it me or is it Paypal?)September 2, 2012
We contacted 9 of you about skipped payments in August, as well as contacting Paypal. Also some of you are asking about suspended payments. Skipped payments in paypal are a separate issue from suspended recurring payments, and some of you are asking about the difference, and how to know what it means when Paypal sends you a suspension notice.
- SKIPPED PAYMENTS: are usually a time-out communicating between Paypal servers and your bank/credit card company servers. The system retries again in 5 days, and it usually goes through the second time. If not, it will try once more, five days later.
- SUSPENDED: means Paypal couldn’t get money via your Paypal account payment sources – either insufficient balance, or out of date or inaccurate bank/credit card info (e.g. expiration dates), or a mismatch in the contact/phone info that Paypal has vs. what your credit card company has on file. The result is suspended payments (and a membership that will expire at the end of the term). If there’s confusion as to what’s wrong in the Paypal account, the user must contact Paypal support directly. Giza has no access to your financial account with Paypal or your Bank. SEE ALSO STEPS BELOW!
- CANCELLED: usually means the user voluntarily cancelled a membership, and it will expire at end of term.
Support Notice: There has been a temporary problem (now apparently resolved) with too many skipped payments/timeouts that Paypal acknowledges is on their end, and they have opened an internal engineering ticket, promising a timely resolution. However, if your recurring payments were suspended or cancelled, this is likely NOT the same issue. Current Paypal Subscriptions Ticket Number Related to "Skipped" (not Suspended) Payments: 120829-000226
Support Update: We are seeing the previously skipped payments going through now and expect this to continue over the next 5 days, with the exception that one or two are converting to "Suspended" (not skipped). Suspended payments refers to the issue documented here and, by US Federal law, we have no access to the specific deficiency in your payment info or a means to correct it in Paypal, and it cannot legally be provided to us by Paypal Support - it can only be provided directly to you. So, if your payments are "suspended", we are referring (as we always have) any suspended payments users to Paypal Support to get the specific reason and resolution for their Paypal account. This would be the same with *any* payment processor, not only Paypal, and is essentially the same as a card being declined at the cash register in a store - it could be as simple as an outdated phone number on the Paypal or credit card or bank account, a zip code mismatch, or a change in expiration date, a routing number change, etc, or just info that isn't fully confirmed. While we understand it's not your intention to cancel your membership, by law Giza Support cannot intervene, so we recommend resolving the issue with Paypal Support.
HOW TO REACTIVATE YOUR SUSPENDED PAYMENTS TO GIZA: THIS INFO IS VERBATIM FROM PAYPAL SUPPORT
Here’s how to view the status of your subscriptions:
- Log into your PayPal account.
- Click "Profile" near the top of the page.
- Click "My money."
- Click "Update" beside "My preapproved payments."
You can view the status of your subscription under "Status."
Here are some more details about subscription statuses:
- Active: There are still payments scheduled for the future.
- Suspended: Payments have been temporarily stopped.
- Canceled: This subscription is canceled and no further payments can be made.
- Failed: The payment could not be completed. This payment may be reattempted.
- Billed: The subscription payment due for this billing period has been issued.
- To be billed: The subscription payment due for this billing period has not yet been issued.
- Pending: A subscription was created but a payment has not been completed
- Completed: The final subscription payment has been completed, and there are no payments scheduled for the future.
Here's how to reactivate a subscription or recurring payment:
- Log in to your PayPal account.
- Click "Profile."
- Click "Update" next to "My preapproved payments" on the "My Money" tab.
- Select the merchant whose agreement you want to reactivate and click "Reactivate."
If you have any additional questions or would like to speak directly with Customer Solutions, we can be contacted 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 1-888-221-1161.
Since you have your own Paypal account as a Paypal user, Giza Death Star cannot reactive your recurring payment. In the case of a Paypal account holder, it must be reactivated by the Paypal account holder. Any Paypal rep that tells you otherwise is giving you incorrect information.