Acceptance of Terms: Use of this website constitutes an agreement to the Terms of Service (TOS). All use must be in accordance with these terms. If at any time you do not consent to the TOS, you must cease using the website and its features.
EMAIL & EMAIL ADDRESSES
Ability to contact users: Creating an account on this site with a subscriber email address constitutes opting-in to our subscriber email list. You accept that Giza may email you about platform changes (including new features or feature offers), policy changes (eg. governing user interactions), or pricing changes (including coupons or special pricing periods related to the platform). If you do not want an email from Giza, do not register as a subscriber.
Membership Payment Provisions
- Refund Policy: To help keep management and overhead costs low, no refunds can be issued for any reason. However, you can cancel at any time, and not be billed further, from the time you cancel. If a membership anniversary date has passed, we will not issue refunds because a user forgot to cancel membership.
- Recurring Memberships: All memberships at Giza are recurring. They will utilize the member's initial payment method on the anniversary of the membership, whether monthly or annual, as chosen by the user during the upgrade to full membership. This will continual automatically on every anniversary until the member cancels membership online.
- Self-Maintenance of Membership Status: The user starts a membership, and the user also cancels it. Membership cancellation does not occur by sending an email asking that it be canceled. Members can cancel their own membership at any time under Membership Settings to avoid further billing.
- Payment Issues: If Paypal is not working for you or not putting through a charge, contact Paypal. If your credit card is not working, contact your credit card provider. If you believe you were charged in error, contact Giza support.
- Disputed Charges: A disputed charge is a claim that Giza has fraudulently charged you a fee. Any member who disputes a charge without first working with Giza Support to attempt to resolve the confusion, may have their account access revoked, be banned from the site, and no longer be entitled to the privileges it affords.
- We reserve the right to share any and all information transmitted to us or this server, website, and chatroom with legal authorities or law enforcement officials, as well as with an offender's internet service provider. You agree that we have permission to share information in this manner. While we're certainly not interested in doing this, if you commit a crime using our server, we may act to protect the community in cooperation with law enforcement.
- By submitting your material, you agree that we are free to electronically store, copy, retrieve, delete, restrict, alter, record, distribute, process, manipulate, or use the information you submit in any way deemed necessary, at the sole discretion of the owners, to maintain the operation of the community.
- Information, material, comments, or ideas shall be considered "submitted" to the community if they are submitted to any server, archive, storage medium, or person in any way which relates to the community, even if said submission actually occurs through servers or methods controlled and/or owned by entities other than this community's owner. These include, but are not limited to Facebook, electronic communication groups, forums, usenet, e-mail, web sites, and any other medium by which community participants might exchange ideas about this community.
- User accounts whose email addresses are determined to be false or invalid will be removed from the database without warning upon discovery. We will not distribute these email addresses to anyone in any way except as deemed necessary to ensure the continued operation of the community or to cooperate with legal authorities.
- Community participants may not advertise or solicit on this server. This prohibition includes, but is not limited to, promotion of goods or services other than those offered by this community's owners, promotion of or recruiting for alternative chats or internet sites or services which might be construed as competing with this community; and promotion of any peer-to-peer file exchange service or software.
- By using or participating in this community in any way, you agree that you will not seek to ruin other user's enjoyment of the community. You agree that you will be respectful towards all participants involved in this community and adhere to the policies as outlined in the Terms of Service.
- You agree that you will not electronically store, copy, retrieve, alter, distribute, process or manipulate any images or text from this community or the web sites related to this community for use on your own web site or any other web site not related to this community without the express written permission of the Site Administrator.
- You agree that you will not hold the Owners liable for any damage caused to/by you or your property by participating in this community. This includes and is not limited to any act committed by you that is depicted in this community.
- You understand that, as a matter of course, we keep system logs of all posts made in the community. These are kept for as long as needed and no request to remove a system log from the server will be accepted and/or acted upon without the express consent of the Site Administrator
- You are solely responsible for any and all actions attributed to your user account. You are encouraged to maintain your private passwords, and not to divulge said passwords to any party, including other users.
- You agree that there is no obligation to refund a 'remainder' of any monthly membership fee, should you be banned for obnoxious or abusive behavior. Monthly fees are not pro-rated or broken down into partial months. If the owners do elect to refund a fee, it is limited to the most recent month, and will not include previous months.
- Content on this website is solely the property of the Giza Community (LLP) and does not belong to any other individual, nor are Partners in Giza Community individually responsible for the ideas contained in said content, with the exception of the original Content author.
- Paying members of the website have a business relationship with Giza Community LLP and not any individual Partner of the same.
- All designated membership fees are donations to Giza Community LLP and are not refundable under any circumstances.
- In the event of a shutdown of Giza Community or this website, whether temporary or permanent, voluntary or involuntary, members are not entitled to any further content, services, or access to the community. No refunds will be provided.
- Individual donations above and beyond designated membership fees are the property of Giza Community LLP and do not confer membership status or renewal or any particular access.
Subscriber, Member, and Commenter Conduct Provisions
The Giza Death Star digital community has been created for the purposes of providing entertainment on multiple user levels - there are paid and non-paid levels. Regardless of subscription or membership level or status, by participating in this community, or by voluntarily submitting material or ideas to it, you agree that you understand and are bound by all of these policies, disclaimers and use terms. You are agreeing that the owners and moderators of this community make no claims to the accuracy of information provided by other users, and have no liability for situations that may arise from the actions of those individuals. You are furthermore agreeing that you are liable for any situations that may arise from your own actions.
The Giza Community does not guarantee that it will publish any member or user's comments on the site. By participating in the Community, you acknowledge and agree that Giza may choose to publish or refrain from publishing whatever it wishes for any reason it may be inclined.
The managers of the Giza Community have the right to delete offensive material, and, in cases where a person insists upon being offensive, to ban that person from the community. Things that may result in deleted comments or material, or banning, include, but are not limited to:
* Soliciting or advertising without the community owners' permission
* Posting other people's personal information without their express permission
* Race-demeaning remarks
* Threats (hypothetical, general, or specific—whether veiled or of violence or any other kind) and/or calls for violence
* Sexual harassment
* Religious persecution or the denigration of a religion
* Advocating the overthrow of the US government (Note: we are domiciled in the US & legally required to report such behavior.)
* Excessively degrading or explicit sexual content
* Excessive profanity or unduly offensive language
* Abusive remarks or treatment to or concerning the platform owners, staff, or customers, whether or not profane.
* Denying the Nazi genocide
* Ongoing inflammatory remarks that serve no substantial purpose other than to antagonize another person
* Actions aimed at testing the limits of what is/is not offensive & seem to serve no other purpose
* Denunciations of community members aside from reporting TOS violations
* Defamatory remarks which may carry a legal liability and invite our records to be subpoenaed
* Actions aimed at causing a technical problem for the system
* Vastly excessive posting or "flooding" of the comment system
* Posting links to material that violate any of the use terms
* Repudiation of these Terms of Service (TOS)
* Any other action that, at the sole discretion of the community's Owners, is deemed offensive, including but not limited to personal attacks on the community owners or denunciations of the Giza Community
- While we recognize that in any news and opinion discussion site, and there's latitude for a variety of differences of perspective opinion, and interpretation of reality, you may not blatantly antagonize people in the course of expressing yourself.
- By using or participating in this community in any way, you agree not to be abusive towards any person using this server. You agree not to perform any actions, which cause any of the provided examples of potentially offensive behavior, nor to intentionally harass or abuse anyone in any way we might not have thought to list here. You also agree not to create, send or distribute abusive or harassing emails, instant messages or any other medium, of electronic or physical nature, with the intent to offend or abuse any real person in any manner related to this community or anyone's use thereof.
- We do not allow any depictions of child pornography, or any depictions of children in sexual situations, not even in a fictional sense on the server, website, and chatroom. We do not allow any use of this server, website, and chatroom to link to child pornography or to facilitate child pornography in any way, real or fictional. Depictions, for the purposes of this rule, including but not necessarily limited to text-based descriptions, written portrayals, and any visual representation. Anyone caught depicting such material will be banned from this server without further warning.
A note on race-demeaning remarks:
Demeaning includes conjuring an image of a given race or ethnicity:
- utilizing the term in a way that implies that belonging to the group is detrimental or shameful
- indicating there's one stereotypical behavior for the group
- indicating that the group is capable of collective guilt, responsibility, or blame as an ethnicity
- indicating that the group acts as a single entity or organism
- indicating there's one normative behavior for the group
ACCOUNT SUSPENSION & REINSTATEMENT
On (rare) occasions, we need to suspend a user's account for violations of the Terms of Service (TOS). In even rarer occasions, an account may be terminated. In the case of a suspension, reinstatement is possible. To request reinstatement, file a support ticket, making the request, and follow the process offered. It will usually involve reading and re-agreeing to the TOS, and explicitly the section of the TOS that caused the suspension. These are handled on case by case basis. It's advisable to approach the matter dispassionately and remember that Giza Support is only doing its job and is here for the safety and benefit of the whole community. On the other hand, if the intent is to flout the protocols expressed in the TOS or to lobby for it to be applied to some users, not others, it's best to move on. Favoritism and emotion will not play a role. The terms will be applied as evenly as possible.
LIMIT OF LIABILITY
- Giza Community LLP reserves the right to shut down permanently at any time without further obligation to its members, including any obligation to produce new content, expand the content library, or provide continued access.
- Visitors, subscribers, and members shall hold Giza Community LLP harmless for the ideas expressed in any content, whether created by the same, its members, its subscribers, or any individual, and for any public statements of the firm.
- Visitors, subscribers, and members shall hold Giza Community LLP harmless for the removal of any account, the removal of any content from the website, and for any discontinuation of website access.
- Use of this website constitutes binding agreement to these terms. If you do not agree, do not use the website.
Giza Community LLP reserves the right to update the Terms of Service (TOS) at any time, without notice.