OH THOSE INSCRUTABLE CHINESE!
This one was sent to me by Mr. P.T., and when I read it, I didn't know whether to laugh, or cry.
China—Not Wall Street—Caused 2008 Crisis: Study
Now, I have to admit, I sat and stared at one sentence in particular in this article, reading and re-reading it over and over again, unable to proceed with the rest of the article for some minutes. The sentence was this one:
"The study from the Erasmus Research Institute of Management said the saving frenzy of the Chinese created the cheap money, which fueled the U.S. housing bubble and its collapse."
Now, when you're done holding your belly and can breathe again after your laughter has subsided, or, conversely, when your tears are dry and your coffee cup is full again, we may proceed with our analysis, and we may begin with my own first reaction to this, and say:
WTF!?!?!? That said, let's get serious:
Such a statement prompts the following questions:
- What drugs are these people on?
- Is the American higher education system that bad? (Scratch that, we know the answer to that already)
- Are these people getting enough oxygen? Do they have enough fiber in their diet?
- What's their temperature? (It looks like it's either way too high, or, very cold and that rigor mortis may have set in.)
- Are they terminally constipated?
- Are they drunk?
- Are they Doctors of Education?
Now, those may seem like silly questions, and they are, because such a statement coming in a study or analysis purporting to explain the crisis is silly.
The real questions that need to be asked, given the wholesale fraud these banksters committed, are:
- Did those naughty inscrutable never-to-be-trusted but always cagey Chinese manage to save the $14,000,000,000,000,000 plus (that's fourteen quadrillion dollars, in case you didn't want to count the zeros) that allowed the western banksters to create the "derivatives"? Yea yea, we know about Dr. David Li and his Gaussian copula formula, but he just came up with a formula, the banksters were the ones nutty enough (and greedy enough, and totally unconcerned with their fellow man enough, to create these "securities"));
- Did those naughty inscrutable never-to-be-trusted but always cagey Chinese manage to issue hundreds of thousands of mortgages to unqualified buyers through fraudulent inducement?
- Did those naughty inscrutable never-to-be-trusted but always cagey Chinese have middle managers and workers in their banks selling mortgages on one house several times over, and "robo-signing" mortgage papers? Was there a sudden influx of Chinese workers (all of whom, presumably, were working for that naughty inscrutable never-to-be-trusted but always cagey Chinese intelligence [remember Wo Phat from Hawaii Five-O?])....where was I? oh yea, was there a sudden influx of Chinese workers at Citibank, Bank of America, and Chase Manhattan to account for this perfidious activity of too many Chinese saving too much of their money, thus enabling the poor downtrodden managers of American banks and Wall Street securities brokers to throw their otherwise incorruptible caution and highly informed business sense and lofty ethical standards to the winds?
Message to Power Elite: give us a break guys, you people can't even lie well any more.
See you on the flip side.
Help the Community Grow
Please understand a donation is a gift and does not confer membership or license to audiobooks. To become a paid member, visit member registration.
This is serious biz and unAmerican. Can’t we get those on Capitol Hill to start boycotting Chinese cuisine in their cafeteria the way those brave carriers of freedoms torch did back in 2001 when french fries were scrubbed from the menu?
So that’s why Bernanke is buying up those bad mortgages because it’s all just a big misunderstanding and time for another round of mortgage based derivatives
It back to the yellow peril China to blame as usual they can not as they say take responcability for their own problems. It is always someone else fault they put ther heads on the choping block face the conquences for once and by the way get out of the empire business it does not pay in the end.
It’s amazing how they can say these stupid things and not get met with roaring fits of laughter at these nutbag statements that they make. Of course they get away with this stupidity because the multi-billion dollar right wing Zionist Christians have lobotomized their zombie sheep, and are pumping them up with the fear of China. The meme I keep hearing over and over from them is that China intends to sell our debt to Russia and enslave us to Russia. LOL…Like we aren’t already slaves. Seems that If you have a large enough number of useful idiots who are willing to repeat the stupid lie over and over, it really doesn’t matter how retarded it is. Hey…Did you know that Ahmadinejad wants to blow Israel off the map? Isn’t six million enough? We can’t let this happen again! We should just nuke China and Iran both! Same with Putin, and all those atheist Commie Russians, and their Orthodox Christian pretense. Putin is the Beast of the apocalypse, and Russians don’t fool me one bit! Russians are Commies, and Commies are Atheists! Better dead than Red. OMG, such a terrible predicament we got ourselves into. Putin is the Beast, China caused the housing collapse, and wants to sell our debt, Iran is trying to get nukes, and wants to blow Israel off the map, and to top it all off, this whole mess is being created by South American Nazis! I sure hope they don’t have any lunar bases, because if they do we’re pretty much screwed!!! I may have lost my house and my job, but at least I still have my gas mask and my Tangy Tangerine, in case the Nazis attack us from the Moon. I just wish I had some money so I could buy some gold and silver too, but the bible says that in the “end times” people will throw their gold and silver in the street. Why even bother? Jesus will take care of it! Sorry…I got way too much free time on my hands because they outsourced my job and gave it to a Chinese slave, and now I just sit here wishing I could buy some food. Oh no, there goes my internet connection because I can’t afford to pay for anything. Rotten Chinese and their saving frenzies! I better run!!!
Yep.. Gotta be the Chinese; that “Yellow Peril” thing. Just get that free-floating rage going, and voila! Useful racism. As for the Russkies, even if they are Christians, we tell Americans it’s the wrong kind.
Good public education truned out to be a problem. Peasants who can read and write well, they do pesky things like form unions and vote. First, we downsize and export well-paying jobs. Then get ’em to think they don’t need public services like fancy schools, which are only about high taxes.
Then push the propaganda that anyone in America can succeeed. They’ll never figure out a poor start like bad schools is related. So when they find out that working hard has little reward, they’ll want to find someone to blame. Underneath, they will be feeling like failures.
We will also use the Faux popuLie to explain how their betters, the economic elite, are “job creators.” That largesse trickles down. A thread of hope. Few of the masses will consider the impact of their own wages. All they’d have to do is look. With decent paying jobs, lots of local businesses. After turbocapitalism? Uh, never mind.
Problem is, we elite aren’t all smart. Look at Dan Quayle or Paris Hilton. And occasionally some demagogue or backyard inventor shows up among them. Limited education will fix most– the rest we’ll compromise with offers of political office and tenure.
Max Keiser has created a slogan for this very subject: “It’s The Savers vs The Speculators”.
And The Speculators are impoverishing The Savers, like there’s no tomorrow.
Hello Joseph, check this out on the BBC website. laugh!!