This last week I received a bunch of articles from many people about giants, and this is a subject intriguing to me personally, since I wrote a whole book on the subject (Genes, Giants, Monsters, and Men), and have included discussions about giants in other books as well, and yes, to set the record straight and to let everyone know where I am coming from, I am one of those who does think there's been an institutional and academic coverup of the issue, though at the time I wrote Genes, Giants, Monsters, and Men, the evidence was not to the state it is now. The evidence suggestive - though in my opinion still not compellingly so - that such a coverup exists, has grown a bit. But it has grown to the point that a coverup looks more likely, as does the possibility of deliberate suppression and even destruction, of the evidence.
First, here's the story that caught my interest, in the many giant-related articles I received. This one in particular was shared by Mr. T.M.:
Now, there's not much new here, to those familiar with the "Smithsonian cover-up story," except I did note this interesting set of information:
"In the words of Vine Deloria, a Native American author and professor of law:
“Modern day archaeology and anthropology have nearly sealed the door on our imaginations, broadly interpreting the North American past as devoid of anything unusual in the way of great cultures characterized by a people of unusual demeanor.
“The great interloper of ancient burial grounds, the nineteenth century Smithsonian Institution, created a one-way portal, through which uncounted bones have been spirited.
“This door and the contents of its vault are virtually sealed off to anyone, but government officials. Among these bones may lay answers not even sought by these officials concerning the deep past.”
"Two Giant Skeletons Near Potosi, WI
"The January 13th, 1870 edition of the Wisconsin Decatur Republican reported that two giant, well-preserved skeletons of an unknown race were discovered near Potosi, WI by workers digging the foundation of a saw mill near the bank of the Mississippi river.
"One skeleton measured seven-and-a-half feet, the other eight feet. The skulls of each had prominent cheek bones and double rows of teeth. A large collection of arrowheads and “strange toys” were found buried with the remains.
"Giant Skeleton Discovered in Maple Creek, WI
"On December 20th, 1897 the New York Times reported that three large burial mounds had been discovered near Maple Creek, WI. Upon excavation, a skeleton measuring over nine feet from head to toe was discovered with finely tempered copper rods and other relics."
Now I reported in Genes, Giants, Monsters, and Men about similar New York Times articles, and indeed this very same find. So why am I bothering you with it?
It's because of this article, which many of you sent me, reported by RT (why is all the good news now being reported by RT?):
Now amid this high strangeness of a vast burial ground of over a million "mummies," you'll note three odd things:
1) One "mummy" was of a large male about seven feet tall, a largeheight given the relative "shortness" of people of the era:
"The scientists found one mummy with a height of more than 2 meters, Muhlestein told the audience in Toronto. The mummy was discovered long before Muhlestein became the project director. "We once found a male who was over 7 feet (2.1 meters) tall, who was far too tall to fit into the shaft, so they bent him in half and tossed him in," he said."
2) Several of the remains were of blonde-haired or red-haired people that appear to be buried in areas specially reserved for blonde-haired or red-haired people:
"According to Muhlestein, the researchers can use the database to "show us all of the blonde burials, and [it shows] they are clustered in one area, or all of the red-headed burials, and [it shows] they're clustered in another area." ‘Perhaps we have family areas or genetic groups [in certain areas], but we're still trying to explore that," he added.
But perhaps we have burials together for a different reason, and here comes the first part of today's high octane speculation, for as readers here who are familiar with the "lore of giants," these are often described are blonde- or red-haired; and hence, might these burial sites represent a burial for a population viewed by the rest of the people burying them as a cursed, or at least "quarantined" population? Of course, this is pure speculation because there is absolutely nothing in the article that suggests that these people are of above average height, though it would be interesting to find out if the male over seven feet tall was.
3) The third odd thing to be noted - and with it, the other half of our high octane speculation - is that much of the excavation is being conducted in conjunction with Brigham Young University in Utah, which is, of course, a Mormon-influenced institution. Giants are referred to in the Book of Mormon, and, if I understand Mormon doctrine correctly, Mormons view these giants as the offspring, not of fallen angels, but rather of men that achieved deification. As such, their relics would, presumably, be treated with some reverence.
So what does this have to do with the Great Smithsonian Giant Cover-up? Well, permit me to conclude my high octane speculation by sharing what I have long held as a kind of private hypothesis, which I share now. There has been a kind of love-hate relationship between Mormonism and the US government, a relationship that in the 1800s was more one of mutual hostility, that by the 1900s became more one of mutual interest. Thus, I have long suspected that if there was a quiet, covert cover-up of archaeological "difficulties" like giants, while the government continued to quietly pursue and research the matter, then this cover-up and quiet pursuit would, like other types of black projects, be shifted to cut-outs like religious groups with a natural interest in the matter... like the Mormons, who also maintain keen interest in genealogies, a huge genealogical database in Utah....
... and let's not forget the NSA's huge data processing center also located in that state either...
It does make you wonder...
See you on the flip side...
- GOOD BYE OLD FIEND, HELLO MEWING MAIDEN - May 26, 2019
- NEWS AND VIEWS FROM THE NEFARIUM MAY 24 2019 - May 24, 2019
- PATTERNS OF DISASTER CAPITALISM? THE MIDWEST, AND OROVILLE DAM: PART ... - May 24, 2019
- TIDBIT: WEBSITE UPDATE - May 23, 2019
- TIDBIT: WEBSITE UPDATE: NO VIDCHAT! - May 23, 2019
- PATTERNS OF DISASTER CAPITALISM? THE MIDWEST, AND OROVILLE DAM: PART ... - May 23, 2019
- TIDBIT: WEBSITE PROBLEMS AGAIN… - May 23, 2019
- MORE DRIP DRIP DRIP? SATURN’S DISAPPEARING RINGS… - May 22, 2019
- TIDBIT: APOLOGIES - May 21, 2019
- CRYPTOS FLASH-CRASHED - May 20, 2019