MALAYSIA AIR 370 AND THE OTHER DISAPPEARING FLIGHT IN THE PACIFIC: ...
As most readers here know, I am fascinated with the problematical disappearance of Malaysia Air Flight 370, which disappeared for causes still unknown, last year, on March 8, 2014. As such events inevitably do, the disappearance has spawned a number of theories, most of them in the conspiracy-theory venue, and most of them crazy and unsastifactory, not the least of which is the craziest theory of them all, my own "it just went 'poof'" theory.
Well, a regular reader here, Mr. V.T., came across a bit of information which he emailed me, and this information caused me to go internet surfing for more information.
It seems that in 1962, another flight over the Pacific ocean went mysteriously missing, and the attempts to explain the disappearance have, to this day, been somewhat wanting. Here's the Wikipedia summary of the event:
And another article:
Now, you'll notice there are some very odd parallels of a rather detailed nature between the two flights and their disappearances:
- Both flights disappeared during calm weather during routine flights;
- There was no communication from the flight crew or pilot indicating anything untoward or threatening nature prior to the disappearance; communications, in the main, appeared to be more or less normal;
- Both flights are alleged to have had a passenger manifest of people connected, in some way, to the military(in the case of Flight 370 in 2014, there are persistent stories that approximately 20 of the passengers were connected with an American semiconductor firm);
- In the case of both flights, a few witnesses on a ship reported seeing an explosion(and notably, in both cases, the explosion was "sited" after the flights' initial disappearance;
- Yet, in both cases, no debris was ever found incontestably belonging to either flight;
- Both flights disappeared in the month of March (flight 739 on March 14, 1962, and flight 370 on March 8, 2014, exactly 52 years and 6 days of each other);
- Both flights' disappearances spawned a number of conspiracy theories;
- Both flights' disappearances sparked enormous international air and sea searches, which failed to turn up any debris;
- Neither flights' disappearance has been adequately explained along conventional lines, for all attempts to do so have some flaw and are, in the final analysis, inadequate;
- Both flights disappeared in the Western Pacific.
There are, of course, as many if not much more dissimilarities between the two flights and their disappearances, but it is the parallels that disturb, for ten points of specific convergence seems to be stretching the laws of random coincidence a bit too far.
Which leaves us with high octane speculation, for ten points of convergence implies convergence on a very unusual kind of coincidence - Wolfgang Pauli and Carl Gustav Jung would have called it a "synchronicity" - but everything in my intuition calls out for something beyond mere synchronicity and approaching a pattern, perhaps even a modus operandi. You'll notice something very odd that could, in fact, be taken as an 11th point of convergence, for in the case of Flight 739, there was a period of radio static prior to the flight's disappearance, after which radio contact with the flight could not be restored. Similarly, as we blogged a few days ago about flight 370, there appears to have been a curious period of approximately 3 minutes when flight 370's transponders went completely down to satellite tracking, before being restored(subject of its own "Mr Putin Did It" hijacking theory, which, for the record, I again think is simply ludicrous). So in other words, there are "communications anomalies" in both cases, and in the case of flight 739, those anomalies are consistent with some sort of strong electromagnetic interference, perhaps signals jamming, or something even stronger. If that suspicion is correct, then someone may be plucking planes from the skies in the Pacific, and that raises the possibility that perhaps similar examples exist for ships.
See you on the flip side...
Help the Community Grow
Please understand a donation is a gift and does not confer membership or license to audiobooks. To become a paid member, visit member registration.