Here's something worth pondering. Scroll down the article linked below to the pie-slice diagram of who holds the national debt of the United States:
Note that, if one totals up the amount of debt owned by US government institutions, individual citizens and so on, the largest amount of it remains in American hands. One senses, however, if one looks at that disturbing "Social Security Trust fund" slice of the pie, that one is looking at a vast financial "three card monte" going on, or one of those magic tricks where you're supposed to guess under which cup the little ball is. In this case, the ball - the national debt - could be under any number of these cups, and there are a lot in play.
Look at something else: China, Japan, the United Kingdom, and Brazil are the overwhelming foreign owners of American treasury bonds, with the two Oriental powerhouses leading the way...
...makes one wonder, when the Japanese Emperor visited Beijing last year, for a cordial "let's bury the hatchet" discussion, if they weren't talking about burying that hatchet in us...
- THE NEW SPACE FORCE COMMAND’S STAR TREK LOGO - January 28, 2020
- TIDBIT: VACCINES AND GENETICS - January 27, 2020
- QUESTIONS EMERGE ABOUT CORONAVIRUS - January 27, 2020
- TIDBITS: THIS WEEK’S HONORABLE MENTIONS - January 25, 2020
- SPACE: SATELLITES EXPLODE, LASERS REVEALED, AND INTERPLANETARY OPS ... - January 23, 2020
- BIG PHARMA, CORPSCIENCE INC., AND CORRUPT.GOV - January 23, 2020
- FIRST BIOLOGICAL NANO-ROBOTS CREATED - January 22, 2020
- TIDBITS: 3D PRINTED STEAKS - January 22, 2020
- TIDBIT: A POEM BY C.S. LEWIS - January 22, 2020
- ANOTHER STEP IN NEURO-ELECTRICAL STIMULATED LEARNING - January 21, 2020