2016 looks like this will be a year of some major, though quiet, space-related developments, and some of these developments appear to be kicking off the year, though regular readers here will recall some of them we've been expecting for some time. This article was shared by many readers here, and it does indeed contain some bombshells and a great deal of grist for the mill of high octane speculation:
In this article, we note the usual steps in the creation of an entirely new federal agency:
First, establish an office:
NASA has announced the creation of a Planetary Defense Coordination Office (PDCO). Lindley Johnson, NASA's current near-Earth object (NEO) program executive will lead the newly established office. The PDCO will reside within NASA's Planetary Science Division, in the agency's Science Mission Directorate in Washington, D.C.
Second, make it a "coordination" office liaising with other agencies that actually have functional overlap, until in the capacity as a mere "liaison office" it can no longer be functional, and has to be elevated to the status of an agency. When that happens, the fun will begin, for will it be part of the military establishment, or not? Chances are, the latter, for as many researchers - including NASA follower Richard Hoagland - have pointed out, the original law creating NASA makes it clear that it is a close functionary of the defense department, since national security issues can override its "civilian" and "open" status.
The real grist for the high octane speculation mill comes here, for the Planetary Defense Coordination Office will be responsible for:
- Supervision of all NASA-funded projects to find and characterize asteroids and comets that pass near Earth's orbit around the sun;
- Lead the coordination of interagency and intergovernmental efforts to plan response to any potential impact threats.
- Improve and expand on past efforts with other U.S. federal agencies and departments, such as the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA).
- Continue to assist with the coordination across the U.S. government, including planning for response to an actual impact threat and working in conjunction with FEMA, the Department of Defense, other U.S. agencies, and international counterparts.
- Issue notices of close passes and warnings of any detected potential NEO impacts, based on credible science data.
Now, as many of you pointed out, this is foursquare in alignment with the Rosin Affidavit. For those of you who don't know what the Rosin affidavit is, these were statements made by Dr. Carol Rosin, a professional colleague of the late Dr. von Braun, who disclosed to her that the "plan" for putting weapons in space was first to emphasize the Communist threat, then terrorism, then nations of concern, then asteroids, and then, finally, aliens or, to be more accurate, extra- or non-terrerstrials, the "UFO threat." Notably, the creation of an "inter-governmental" as well as an internal "inter-agency" office, especially one coordinating with FEMA, does indeed invite and suggest some high octane speculations.
For one thing, such coordination for "planetary defense" against asteroids can easily also be "flipped" into a coordination for planetary defense against "other things." To put it "country simple," the above-quoted list of the new office's mission brief would require little expansion to include planning for planetary emergencies of a rather different sort, like armed invasions, blockades, interference with interplanetary commerce, and so on. And indeed, this is, I strongly suspect, already in view and the real long range goal of the creation of this office.
But again, why do I suspect this?
The emphasis of the article on the presence of FEMA, the Federal Emergency Management Agency, is the clue that much more is going on here than simply asteroids, for FEMA is the agency deeply connected to continuity of government operations and planning. In other words, I suspect that what we're really seeing being created here is less an office of NASA, and more of an office of FEMA, a department within it that plans deeply for "continuity of government problems and operations" having to deal with external planetary threats, be they asteroids or ET's. Ponder the implications of that for a moment. Contintuity of government on the scale of planetary threats, defense against said planetary threats (of any sort)... The implications, financial, geopolitical, and cultural, are deep and profound, and perhaps the best way to highlight the profound and sweeping nature of this story is to consider the first of these, the financial implications, for it means that whatever such infrastructure and financial mechanism as currently exists to deal with these issues, now has to be expanded, and in the expansion, taken public to a certain degree. In other words, all those trillions of dollars since World War Two that I have argued have gone into black research projects and the build-up of a huge and hidden infrastructure (underground definitely, elsewhere perhaps) has reached the point that it is no longer adequate to the emerging needs of public society and "planetary defense" Let that one, too, sink in for a moment. It has to be expanded over the next decades, and this will mean an inevitable public "disclosure" of the existence of that now hidden infrastructure.
Or, to put all this country simply once again, you're watching the creation of an office, one component, of a build up and build out of infrastructure for space activity.
See you on the flip side...
- MEMBERS: VIDCHAT DEC 2 2016 - December 2, 2016
- NEWS AND VIEWS FROM THE NEFARIUM DEC 1, 2016 - December 1, 2016
- TIDBIT: NEW VIDEO WITH DARK JOURNALIST ABOUT CERN HERE: - December 1, 2016
- THE UPCOMING ITALIAN CONSTITUTIONAL REFERENDUM - December 1, 2016
- CONFLICTING MESSAGES FROM NATO AND EU - November 30, 2016
- MEANWHILE IN FRANCE: SKARKOZY’S BID FOR ANOTHER STAY IN THE ... - November 29, 2016
- TIDBITS: DEMONSTRATIONS IN PARIS - November 29, 2016
- “RE-SHORING”: A SECURITY MEASURE? - November 28, 2016
- ANTARCTICA, JOHN KERRY, PYRAMIDS, AND CONSPIRACY THEORIES… - November 27, 2016
- OF JAPAN, GRIDS, EARTHQUAKES, GEOPOLITICS, AND OTHER STUFF… - November 26, 2016