RT is reporting that in Spain, over a million protestors are demanding independence for that province from Madrid, as protestors crowd into Barcelona:
This disturbs me folks, for a member of this website and personal friend of mine lives in this region of Spain, and she recently told me of the unrest there over the economic situation. We'd do well to remember a little modern Spanish history here very briefly. After the Spanish-American war of 1898, social and economic tensions in Spain increased, particularly in the Basque and Catalonian regions. By 1902 Alfonse XIII had taken the government and though he managed to keep Spain out of World War I, the socio-economic tensions only increased after the war, to the point that he supported a military coup by General de Rivera. De Rivera, in his turn, abolished the 1876 constitution and ruled dictatorially from 1923 to 1930, managing, for a while, to bury those tensions, until by 1931, in the midst of the Depression, student and military revolts broke out into the open once again as the economic crisis deepened. The crisis forced the abdication of Alfonse XIII in the same year. For a brief period from 1931 to 1936 and the outbreak of the Spanish civil war, the Second Spanish Republic was proclaimed under the liberal conservative Niceto Alcala Zamora y Torres, but the economic situation had badly factionalized Spanish society into fascist Falangists, monarchists, liberals, communists and so on. It took, of course, General Franco - with considerable outside help from Fascist Italy and Nazi Germany - to restore order and prevent the secessionist movements of the day... well... you get the picture. Then, as now, no one seems to be talking about the real culprits...the banksters willing to loan money at interest to spendthrift governments (who tolerate the central bank monopoly idea to begin with)...It was that bankster-driven depression of 1929-31 that brought about the first crisis in modern world history, a crisis that eventually reached out and engulfed Spain.
See you on the flip side...
- BUZZ ALDRIN AND ANTARCTICA: UPDATE - December 3, 2016
- MEMBERS: VIDCHAT DEC 2 2016 - December 2, 2016
- NEWS AND VIEWS FROM THE NEFARIUM DEC 1, 2016 - December 1, 2016
- TIDBIT: NEW VIDEO WITH DARK JOURNALIST ABOUT CERN HERE: - December 1, 2016
- THE UPCOMING ITALIAN CONSTITUTIONAL REFERENDUM - December 1, 2016
- CONFLICTING MESSAGES FROM NATO AND EU - November 30, 2016
- MEANWHILE IN FRANCE: SKARKOZY’S BID FOR ANOTHER STAY IN THE ... - November 29, 2016
- TIDBITS: DEMONSTRATIONS IN PARIS - November 29, 2016
- “RE-SHORING”: A SECURITY MEASURE? - November 28, 2016
- ANTARCTICA, JOHN KERRY, PYRAMIDS, AND CONSPIRACY THEORIES… - November 27, 2016